Choosing an RMT can either be a difficult task or it can be easy. That is really dependent on the patient seeking the treatment and what they are specifically looking for. Here at Wholistic Massage Centre, we have very skillful therapists who will work with you to find the best treatment plan. We have compiled a basic list of things to look at and ask when looking into therapists.
Questions To Ask
When you are looking into choosing an RMT, it is good to make a list of potential questions that may arise while searching. There may be a wide range in types of questions that you may come up with, but hopefully our basic list will help ease the stress and help you find your therapist faster.
- What is the cost?
- How long have you (the therapist) been practicing?
- What types of massage is best for me? (This may require a bit of background information for the therapist to help you determine the best course of treatment)
- Do you have a license?
- Where did you go to school?
- What types of treatments do you offer?
Of course these are not the only questions that you can ask, but they are common questions that therapists encounter when speaking with potential patients about receiving treatments.
Other things to consider
Aside from some of the questions listed above, there are also other things that may be beneficial to consider and ask yourself when looking for a therapist to treat you. Listed are some things that we believe are important to consider.
- It is important to think about your goals health-wise and what your current health status is. Once this is determined, it will be easier for you to proceed with your search because you will have a better idea of what you need.
- You should do some basic research on different types of massage. We offer several types of massage including deep-tissue, seated chair, lymphatic drainage, sports and pregnancy.
- Learn the difference between a typical swedish or relaxation massage and a deep-tissue massage.
- Consider booking a 30 minute massage with one of our therapists to give our centre a try.
- Think about what you would personally prefer as a patient.
- Is it a good idea for you to receive a massage? While our therapists are trained to heal, we recommend that you consider speaking to your doctor if you have pre-existing medical conditions that could potentially be exacerbated from a massage.
- Remember to communicate with your therapist during your sessions. If something hurts, let us know. We will adjust the therapy so you feel good no matter what.
As you can see, there is much to think about when looking at finding a massage therapist. We hope that the information provided above will help you in your search to find the right therapist for you.
All of our therapists are trained extensively in areas of therapy such as massage, reflexology, aromatherapy and even psychosomatic therapy. We aim to provide you with the best holistic experience possible so we become your go to for therapy treatments.
Choose us for your therapeutic treatments in South Edmonton today! Book online or by phone at 1-780-463-6390 today!