People are sometimes skeptical and leery when they hear the term “Holistic Lifestyle” There are common misconceptions that are frequent such as it’s only for hippy people, only vegetarians do this, etc. At Wholistic Massage Centre, we believe in the idea that living a holistic lifestyle combined with the different holistic therapies is a wonderful combination that will benefit you.
We have created this basic guide filled with some general tips regarding eating, exercising, and tips to improve your mindset, so you can start living more holistically.
We want to encourage everybody to eat better. It is important to give your body the right fuel so that you can feel better physically and mentally. One thing that is recommended is to practice intuitive eating rather than following a diet. Intuitive eating is more about eating sustainably and sustainable nourishment rather than counting calories and hitting goals.
Another question you may have is: Why is Intuitive Eating better than being on a diet plan?
- It promotes more positivity when eating and respects that food can be pleasurable.
- It can help you to recognize what areas you want to change without the restriction of foods
- Promotes mindful eating, which typically involves fewer distractions while eating, listening to hunger cues, and even engaging your senses.
Some of the foods that we found that are good for eating more holistically are things like:
- Dark Chocolate (Yes, it is true. Dark chocolate is richer in antioxidants which can help you reduce blood pressure.)
Of course, these are not the only foods you can eat, but they are a good first step to help you practice more mindful eating.
Exercising is generally an integral part of maintaining a holistic lifestyle. It does not have to be a daunting and scary thing like a horror movie. There are ways to make exercise enjoyable and a part of your daily routine. Some easy and common forms of exercise are:
Exercising your mind is important as well. There are several ways you can do this:
- Hobbies such as cross-stitching or sewing
- Learning a new language
- Learning instruments
Exercising your mind and body is so important because it can improve you physically and mentally as well.
Alongside the tips previously mentioned, we have some other basic tips to help you live more holistically. Let us take a look at them.
- Maintain and nourish the positive relationships in your life and let go of the negative ones.
- Try to connect with people who are going through this journey as well and grow your community.
- Find ways to manage your stress and integrate them into your daily life. For this, we recommend booking a treatment with us such as Massage Therapy, Ear, Hand and Foot Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Meridian/Acupressure Therapy, and Psychosomatic Therapy
- Be aware and be prepared for anything that could potentially happen.
As you can see there are many things that you can do to live more holistically.
Live life naturally. Book an appointment in South Edmonton with us online or by calling us at 1-708-463-6390.